Discounted Rate Program
Cowlitz PUD offers the Discounted Rate Program which is a reduced electric rate for qualifying low-income senior citizens or disabled customers. Cowlitz PUD and Lower Columbia CAP work cooperatively on this program.
Enrollment runs year-round beginning July 12, 2021 for the Discount Rate program. See the guidelines below to find out if you may qualify.
If you believe you meet the requirements listed below, or know someone else who may, contact Cowlitz PUD or Lower Columbia CAP to find out more.
Qualifications & Requirements
The applicant must meet low-income standards as determined by the Federal Poverty Level, occupy the premise, be a listed customer on the account AND
- Senior: At least 62 years old OR
- Disabled: Qualified for special parking privileges under RCW 46.16.381(1) (a through h) or a blind person as defined in RCW 74.18.020(4), or are a disabled, handicapped, or incapacitated person as defined under RCW 71A.10.020(3) or any other existing state or federal program. A physician’s certificate is required if the customer does not have a disabled parking permit.
The applicant must apply for the discounted rate and meet with Lower Columbia CAP to provide proof of income, residency and age or disability.
Annual gross household income will be calculated based on a review of all related financial records. The gross household income will determine the level of the rate discount as shown in the chart below:
|FAMILY SIZE||DISCOUNTED RATE GROSS INCOME LIMITS 2022|
|SDDR 25%||SDDR 15%|
Eligibility for the Discounted Rate Program must be recertified every two years with Cowlitz PUD. Discounts that are set to expire will auto-renew once certified; no appointment required.
Discounted rates may only be applied to a primary residence and are not available for businesses, seasonal, or other secondary residences.
- Download and print your application here or pick one up at our main office located at 961 12th Avenue.
- Contact Lower Columbia CAP at 360-425-3430 beginning July 12, 2021 to schedule an appointment.
- Lower Columbia CAP makes the final determination of eligibility then informs the applicant and Cowlitz PUD of its decision. Once Cowlitz PUD receives the approval notification from Lower Columbia CAP, the discounted rate will go into effect.
Contact Cowlitz PUD via email or by phone at 360-423-2210.
961 12th Avenue, Longview, WA 98632
Lower Columbia CAP
1526 Commerce Ave, Longview, WA 98632
360-425-3430 ext. 231