Electrical Permits and Inspections

Electrical Inspections

To receive electrical service from Cowlitz PUD you must first obtain an electrical permit from Washington State Department of Labor & Industries (if you live in Cowlitz County, but outside the Longview city limits) or City of Longview Community Development (for those located inside the city limits of Longview).

» Washington State Department of Labor & Industries ♦ (360) 575-6900 ♦ (All inspections outside of Longview city limits) 

» City of Longview Community Development ♦ (360) 442-5086♦ (All inspections inside of Longview city limits) 

Once you receive the permit and the electrical work is completed, it must then be inspected and approved by the appropriate state or city inspector. The PUD is prohibited by Washington State law from connecting your service until we are notified by the inspector that the work is approved.

Once all of the requirements have been met and inspected by your PUD representative, power will be installed as soon as possible. Normal turnaround time for installation, once released by your PUD representative, is 3-5 days. The possibility exists that a power outage or other unforeseen circumstances could cause a delay.

Please contact your PUD representative if you have any questions.