Please carefully read the following information before completing this application. The application must be filled out and signed by each responsible party. If needed Customer Service will contact you regarding the application.
Rules & Requirements
- Residential applicants without prior service with Cowlitz PUD are required to pay a deposit at the time of application without an acceptable rating via Online Utility Exchange. We will conduct a soft credit check to determine if a deposit would be required and confirm identity.
- Residential applicants, with prior service with Cowlitz PUD, must pay any outstanding debt and/or a security deposit to the PUD prior to the acceptance of their service application, or service may be discontinued.
- Applicants applying for service must be the end-use consumer. Upon acceptance by the PUD, the application shall become a contract between the Customer and the PUD.
- The Customer must notify the PUD within 3 days of a change in occupancy, or change in legal responsibility for payment of service. Failure to do so will result in continued billing to you for the address you have vacated. Without prior notification, such billing is due and payable regardless of the date you moved from that service address. Our address and phone number will be printed on each bill you receive.
- By acceptance and use of service, the Customer is subject to compliance with all PUD Policies and Procedures. These policies are available on line at the Rates, Fees, and Policies page or at the PUD’s Main Office in Longview.
- Fraudulent information or material misrepresentations made to the PUD in order to obtain service will be cause for refusal to provide, or discontinuance of, service with applicable charges. Proper authorities may be notified.
Information for Owners of Rental Property
- Owners of rental property desiring to leave power on between tenants must sign the PUD’s Landlord Agreement listing all properties and notify the PUD within 3 days of any additions or changes in ownership of the property. Owners will be responsible for energy use and/or the Monthly Basic Charge, per the applicable PUD Rate Schedule, during periods of non-occupancy until the PUD has received notification from the tenant in order to establish service per Red Flag Rule.
- Owners of rental property desiring to have the electric service disconnected between tenants, must sign the PUD’s Landlord Agreement listing all properties and notify the PUD within 3 days of any additions or changes in ownership of the property. A Connect Fee may be applicable.