Terms and Conditions of Use
- Auditorium rental shall be on a first come, first serve basis once a signed rental agreement is on file.
- The Auditorium is available to non-profit organizations, public agencies, and organizations in which Cowlitz PUD is a sponsor or a member. The PUD in its sole discretion will determine which uses are eligible for Auditorium rental.
- Reservations may be made more than 30 days in advance; however, The PUD reserves the right to cancel or change the reservation if the room is needed for our own use. The PUD will provide Renter with as much notice as possible of any reservation change.
- The Auditorium is limited to groups of 40 or less persons.
- Auditorium availability is Monday-Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. and is unavailable on Fridays and holidays observed by Cowlitz PUD.
- The Renter agrees to dispose of trash in trash bins and to wipe down any unclean surface prior to vacating the facility. The PUD may charge actual costs associated with additional or unusual cleaning or repairs, PUD staff time, and any other cost directly related to the Renter’s utilization of the Auditorium.
- The Renter will ensure all exit doors are closed and not propped open prior to Renter vacating facility.
- The PUD reserves the right to terminate this Agreement at its sole discretion.
- In the event Renter must cancel, it shall provide notice of cancellation as early as possible allowing others the use of the Auditorium. No-shows may result in refusal by the PUD of future reservations.
- Parking is permitted only in the gravel parking area south of the paved lot near Delaware Street.
- The acoustical panels and movable wall partitions are not to be used for any purpose.
Indemnification and Hold Harmless
Renter agrees to indemnify, defend, pay on behalf of, and hold harmless the PUD, its officers, agents and employees, from and against any and all injuries, suits, claims, actions, losses, costs, penalties and damages whatsoever kind or nature, including costs of suit and attorney fees, arising out of, in connection with, or incident to Renter’s and its invitees utilization of the PUD Auditorium building, sidewalks, and parking areas, except those arising out of the sole negligence of the PUD, its officers, agents and employees.
Renter specifically and expressly waives any immunity that may be granted it under the Washington State Industrial Insurance Act, Title 51 RCW. Further, the indemnification obligation under this Agreement shall not be limited in any way by any limitation on the amount or type of damages, compensation or benefits payable to or for any third party under workers’ compensation act, disability acts or other employee benefits acts; provided Renter’s waiver of immunity by the provisions of this paragraph does not include or extend to any claims by Renter’s employees directly against Renter.