Terms and Conditions of Use
- Auditorium rental shall be on a first come, first serve basis once rental agreement is on file and fee is paid.
- All fees shall be paid at the time of the rental application (no exceptions).
- The Auditorium is available to non-profit organizations, public agencies, and organizations that the District is a sponsor or a member. The District in its sole discretion will determine which uses are eligible for Auditorium rental.
- Reservations may not be made more than 45 days in advance, and no more than two reservations may be on the books at any time (no exceptions).
- The Auditorium is limited to groups of 40 or less persons.
- Auditorium availability is Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and is not available on holidays observed by the District.
- Advance payment of $55.00 per day is due when the Auditorium is reserved. A $100.00 security deposit is required and may be returned after the event. However, the PUD may charge actual costs for additional or unusual cleaning, District staff time, necessary security staff, and repairing PUD facilities and property damaged during Renter’s utilization of the Auditorium.
- The District reserves the right to terminate this Agreement at its sole discretion, or to cancel or change any reservation in the event the facility is needed for its own use.
- Cancellation by Renter must be received and acknowledged by the District at least one week prior to the scheduled event or the Renter will forfeit half of the total fee of the rental.
- Parking is only permitted in the gravel parking area south of the paved lot near Delaware Street.
- The Renter agrees to pick up and clean the facility (including kitchen and restrooms) and equipment after using.
- The acoustical panels and movable wall partitions are not to be used for any purpose.
Indemnification and Hold Harmless
Renter agrees to indemnify, defend, pay on behalf of, and hold harmless the PUD, its officers, agents and employees, from and against any and all injuries, suits, claims, actions, losses, costs, penalties and damages whatsoever kind or nature, including costs of suit and attorney fees, arising out of, in connection with, or incident to Renter’s and its invitees utilization of the PUD Auditorium building, sidewalks, and parking areas, except those arising out of the sole negligence of the PUD, its officers, agents and employees.
Renter specifically and expressly waives any immunity that may be granted it under the Washington State Industrial Insurance Act, Title 51 RCW. Further, the indemnification obligation under this Agreement shall not be limited in any way by any limitation on the amount or type of damages, compensation or benefits payable to or for any third party under workers’ compensation act, disability acts or other employee benefits acts; provided Renter’s waiver of immunity by the provisions of this paragraph does not include or extend to any claims by Renter’s employees directly against Renter.