Sign-Up for Emergency Notifications
To receive emergency alerts and community notifications, please sign up for the Department of Emergency Management, AlertSense public alert system.
- The system is intended to be used for emergency alerts, as well as non-emergency incidents that may have significant impacts to residents.
- Emergency Alerts could be related to specific hazards that require some kind of action be taken such as evacuation, shelter in place, boil water orders, etc.
- Non-emergency alerts could include significant transportation problems with prolonged impacts or significant ongoing police or fire activity.
- This list is not meant to be all inclusive, and demonstrates that this system will not be used for routine information.
- In addition to receiving information on your wireless device, you may also receive notification on your land telephone line (if you have one) depending on the type of incident or event.