Our Customer Service Representatives are available to assist you with all of your electric needs.
- Start, stop, or transfer service
- Billing questions
- Usage information
- Assistance programs
- Payment options
- Account services
- Update account information
To contact us call (360) 423-2210 Monday thru Friday 8am – 5pm, excluding holidays or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the Discounted Rate Program?
The Discounted Rate Program is a reduced electric rate for qualifying low-income senior citizens or disabled customers.
- Low income up to 175% of the Federal Poverty Level AND
- Age 62 or older OR
- Permanent disability
- 20% discount off your monthly usage – Income up to 175% of the Federal Poverty Level
- 30% discount off your monthly usage – Income up to 125% of the Federal Poverty Level
How To Apply
- Complete the Discounted Rate Application (PDF) or pick one up at our main office.
- Contact CAP to schedule your appointment year-round at 360.425.3430 Ext. 231
- Gather ALL required documentation before the appointment. (Missing information will require a follow up appointment.)
What is the Warm Neighbor Program?
The Warm Neighbor Program is funded 100% by donations from our customers and employees wanting to help their neighbors needing short-term assistance.
- Low income up to 200% of the Federal Poverty Level
- Qualifying emergency or financial hardship
- Notice of pending disconnect or disconnected
- Amount to avoid disconnect up to $300 max for all account types
- One time per 12 months
- Not available for deposits or fees
- Not eligible if previous fraud events or on Moratorium Payment Plan
How To Apply
If you are pending disconnect, or disconnected, complete the Warm Neighbor Application (PDF) or pick one up at our main office. Return the application along with income verification to Cowlitz PUD.
What is the Veteran Deposit Waiver?
The Veteran Deposit Waiver honors the contributions of active United States military personnel and United States military veterans by waiving the security deposit for a new residential account.
This waiver is applicable to new customers who are active-duty United States military or honorably discharged United States military veterans.
The veteran or individual on active duty must provide a current military identification or official military orders.
How To Apply
Simply let our Customer Service Representative know and provide the required documentation.
What is LIHEAP?
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is a federally funded program, administered by CAP, which provides money to help low-income households with their heating bills.
How It Works
Visit Lower Columbia CAP’s website year-round to complete the pre-application questions and to schedule an appointment. For more information on the LIHEAP program, please contact:
Lower Columbia Community Action Program (CAP)
Energy & Housing Department
1526 Commerce Avenue
Longview, WA 98632
* Cowlitz PUD does not administer or define program requirements.