Conservation Potential Assessment
Cowlitz PUD is required by law (I-937/EIA) to update its Conservation Potential Assessment (CPA) every two years and provide an energy efficiency/conservation analysis or assessment for a 10-year period. Energy Savings for a two-year period are taken from that 10-year estimate in this analysis to provide a target for the PUD.
The assessment or CPA tells us how much energy efficiency or conservation is available in our service territory. This analysis is performed using a lot of data including county building data, historical energy efficiency/conservation at the PUD and other local, state and regional data points.
Our CPA results informs the Board-adopted target for energy savings for a two-year period.
From here, the Energy Efficiency Services Department plans the effort to support customers and meet our legal obligations under this law.
- 2018-2027 Conservation Potential Assessment (Nov 17, 2017) (PDF)
- Resolution #2738 (adopted by Board of Commissioners 12/12/17) (PDF)
- Conservation Potential Assessment for 2016-2025 Updated Full Report (PDF)
- 2014-2023 CPA Executive Summary (PDF)
- 2012-2021 CPA Executive Summary (PDF)
- 2010-2019 CPA Full Report (PDF)