Conservation Potential Assessment
Cowlitz PUD is required by law (I-937/EIA) to update its Conservation Potential Assessment (CPA) every two years and provide an energy efficiency/conservation analysis or assessment for a 10-year period. Energy Savings for a two-year period are taken from that 10-year estimate in this analysis to provide a target for the PUD.
The assessment or CPA tells us how much energy efficiency or conservation is available in our service territory. This analysis is performed using a lot of data including county building data, historical energy efficiency/conservation at the PUD, and other local, state, and regional data points.
Our CPA results inform the Board-adopted target for energy savings for a two-year period.
From here, the Energy Efficiency Services Department plans the effort to support customers and meet our legal obligations under this law.
- Resolution #2781 Ten Year Conservation Potential Biennial Target 2020-2021 (PDF)
- Resolution #2770 (adopted by Board of Commissioners 9/22/20) (PDF)
- Resolution #2763 (adopted by Board of Commissioners 11/26/19) (PDF)
- Resolution #2738 (adopted by Board of Commissioners 12/12/17) (PDF)
- 2020 Conservation Potential Assessment Update (09/15/20) (PDF)
- 2020-2021 Conservation Potential Assessment (Oct 16, 2019) Full Report (PDF)
- 2018-2027 Conservation Potential Assessment (Nov 17, 2017) (PDF)
- 2016-2015 Conservation Potential Assessment (Aug 9, 2016) Updated Full Report (PDF)
- 2014-2023 CPA Executive Summary (PDF)
- 2012-2021 CPA Executive Summary (PDF)
- 2010-2019 CPA Full Report (PDF)